You remember in high school when you dated that guy?
That guy that you kind of knew was not the ideal match for you?
That guy that made you look around and think, “Well, if this doesn’t work out, no worries, I could date _______________ (insert name of another guy)!”
Do you remember your backup boyfriend? That OTHER guy that was your friend and that you knew you could always fall back on. Perhaps its the same backup boyfriend that you made a pact with to marry if you were both single at thirty?
Well tonight, I am saying goodbye to a whole bunch of backup boyfriends. There are no more backups for me. I am taking 100% responsibility for my life. My decisions are mine. I run my thoughts. I create my actions. I can do whatever I want. I am closing the book on a whole bunch of backups in my mind!
Goodbye to my beautiful backups:
- My job that was ‘safe’ but not fulfilling, but had a good pension and benefits too!
- The stuff I keep holding on to because I may “miss it”!
- A mindset with certain family members that they will always be there if I “need them”!
- Clothing or workout equipment that I keep around because I may wear it or use it one day!
- People in my life that are beautiful to look at, but really don’t add any value. People who aren’t fun nor stretching themselves.
- Food that stuffs me down, rather than fueling me to rise up.
- Trying to swim close to shore because “you never know”.
- Any backups that you could add as you let this land on you?
I can no longer doubt my abilities relying on the backups to help me move forward. I need to believe 100% in myself, letting go of the backup mindset!
Doubt and belief cannot live in the same space that I am creating.
For all that I am and all that I can do.