I just had to share this one… I saw it yesterday through Life and Photos by Andy’s blog.
Sexy Neck and I watched it this morning and we both had tears in our eyes.
It reiterated our thoughts on having three children, our love of homebirthing (we had two of our boys at home) as well as what bedtime looks and sounds like in our house.
May this little ditty inspire, encourage and make you laugh til you cry.
Our middle guy, CC, took this photo of his brother’s school.
Today is the last day of Kindergarten for our first born. What a year it has been!
Negotiating the great educational experiment of full-day every day Kindergarten. (We did half days til Christmas). Getting to know the school culture as a parent, not just as a teacher. Plus, having the younger brothers without their eldest brother five days per week. Whew!
From the very first day of school, we have been very intentional about the importance of JC saying goodbye to his younger brothers with a hug and a kiss. I believe it helps everyone’s transition into the day. Plus who doesn’t want to start their day off with a hug and a kiss?
Here is our last day of Kindergarten:
HUG and a….
Now off to line-up for school.
Today I will leave you with one more photo: the two big boys after they went to watch their best friends’ ballet performances. We stopped for a break to look at one of the most beautiful lakes in North America.
ike love to control things. I love to have everything in its place and know my schedule for the next day, even the week ahead. But I am learning that this need to control doesn’t allow for the awesomeness of God to shine through. I want to be living in awe.
This week, I made a small commitment to myself to notice when my spirit says “awe”.
Here are a few I want to share with you.
- Our middle guy talking to daddy on the phone and asking, “how are you feeling Dada?”
- Biting into a bright, red, locally grown strawberry. Plus having them all ready and frozen to enjoy during the winter months.
- Getting an email from a boot camp buddy saying they are thinking of me and praying for me. (Thanks Annette!)
- See our sick little OC lying in Papa’s arms with a snotty nose. (I guess only a mom would say “awe” over that one.)
- My oldest last day of Kindergarten
- A parking spot in front of the coffee shop
- Thumb sucking
- Baby OC getting his own water and spilling it everywhere
- Reading great blogs from all over the world –Little Duckies, Photos by Andy, 3Monsters, FoodieGardeningClub
- A rainbow and the boys being able to “see” the treasure
- Colourful flowers in my mom’s hard
- A huge worm to go along with the beautiful garden
- My husband coming home to hugs
“Faith starts with awe…with a mixture of wonder and fear all human beings
feel toward the mystery that envelops us.”
Harvey Cox, The Future of Faith
My parents have painted every single house I have owned. YUP, all three! They even bring their own paint brushes. How do you ever thank someone for their love shown through sweat equity?
PS. Doesn’t my mom’s Kohlrabi freshly picked and sitting beside the sink look incredible?