WOW! I am humbled! Chana and Rebecca have nominated me for a Liebster Award. Their blogs have been inspiring to me. I appreciate Chana’s encouragement. I am honoured to answer these questions and to nominate nine other bloggers I read on a regular basis. Yes, I know it should be eleven! 🙂
The Liebster Blog Award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers. The rules are:
1. Tell 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers, and post 11 questions for them to answer.
Eleven Facts About Myself:
1. I am a northern girl, from a redneck, sports-minded, outdoors, pulp mill, sawmill kind of city. It was a good place to grow up.
2. I married my true love by choice at 23 years old.
3. My love is my family, including Sexy Neck and my 3 boys, but my passions are coaching, being active outside, and organizing the heck out of everything.
4. I love Jesus ever since I met him in University. He is alive!
5. My friends are very important to me and I have and incredibly great circle of friends who encourage my crazy ideas.
6. I am not afraid of change, but I find change hard. Hmmm…
7. I don’t eat wheat.
8. I am a teacher who struggles with schooling.
9. This year, for over a year I have been following Ann Voskamp’s blog and counting 1000 gifts. Today, I wrote down my 1,200 thing that I am thankful for – It was: “Being outside in the sun with my boys.”
10. I am Canadian, eh! Can you tell by all my words having extra “u”‘s in them – favourite, neighbourhood, honoured etc.
11. I love the blogging world because of its authenticity and instant communication. I am honoured to join this world.
Eleven Questions from Chana (little duckies.wordpress.com)
1) The 3 most important things in my life are my relationship with Jesus, my husband and my boys… well that is more than 3! hmmm… how strict are the rules?
2) I decided to start blogging because I love writing, I love sharing and I needed an outlet during a very challenging time.
3) Books or television? Books, we got rid of television once I realized I had an addiction to reality TV.
4) If someone accused your child of bullying theirs, how would you react? I would pray hard then teach my child and my child’s friends on what to do with a bully.
5) I love reading books that my book club members recommend, self-help books about money and self-improvement and christian fiction.
6) What do you consider to be the most important factor in a marriage? Quality time, not quantity as we have three wee boys bouncing off the walls.
7) There are many, many older (30+) singles today, as well as a high rate of divorce. What do you think is the cause? Lack of perseverance – life is a sequence of choices and consequences.
8) Why did you choose your city of residence? Weather, outdoor activities, proximity to relatives.
9) How do you and your spouse handle finances? We follow a budget, talk about most major household purchases (over $200) and we each have our own pot of money that we do whatever we want with.
10) What is your favorite household chore? washing windows
11) The classic: If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? Pay off our mortgage, buy a new car, donate money to our church and a school in Rwanda, buy my parents a trip or a condo on a golf course, give my nieces and nephews some money for school.
My questions for my Nominees:
1. What website do you check almost every day?
2. Favourite colour to wear?
3. Coffee or tea? Why?
4. What is your favourite season?
5. What are you reading right now ( book or Kobo etc.)?
6. Why blog?
7. Who is the most inspiring person in your life right now?
8. Do you have a comfort item? If yes, tell us more.
9. Favourite childhood memory?
10. What job did you want to do when you were little?
11. The classic: What 3 things would you want if you were on a stranded island?
https://foodiegardeningclub.wordpress.com (My foodie friend’s blog)
http://journeythrugrace.wordpress.com/ (Well said, I can relate!)
http://notsospanish.wordpress.com/ (My cousin who inspired me to blog)
http://enjoylifeforonce.com/ (Love the realness of this blog)
http://rogertharpe.wordpress.com/ (God speaks to me through this blog)
http://tutordoctorofwny.wordpress.com/ (Love this teaching blog)
http://brownpaperbelle.com/ (What a beautiful, inspiring blog)
http://jaydonanddaddy.com/ (He’s a Liebster, but I love Wordless Wednesdays)
http://my3monsters.wordpress.com/ (She has 3 kids too!)