This quote reminded me of my dad’s comment this week about our family being in God’s hand. This is the billboard from the church down the street.
Mom met for the first time yesterday with her Gyno-oncologist from Vtown. We received both good and bad news and continue to live in shades of grey (in God’s hand of course).
Here’s the play-by-play recap of the appointment: (my friends always laugh at my sports lingo, so I had to throw some in here to lighten the moment.)
– Mom’s cancer is responding “excellently” to the chemo. (Excellent was what the CAT scan report said.)
– they still cannot give us a diagnosis til after the surgery.
– the goal of the chemo is to put the cancer into remission for as long as possible. (At least until baby OC gets married?)
– mom is moving forward with chemo on Tuesday
– mom will have surgery 500 kilometres away in Vtown. I am not sure how she is getting there – anyone want to loan us a motor home?
– I am sad and optimistic.
Life changes quickly.
Enjoy the one YOU have.
Consume less stuff.
Be with YOUR peeps and consume them.
What a gift my mom and dad are.
One thought on “Be Wordy on the Weekend”
Hi from Linda in Ketchikan. Have been thinking a lot about your Mom. Glad to hear the chemo is working well! We return on Monday; I will give you a call. Love to all from all of us. xxx